What items remain ineligible for the Streamlined (k) program?
Properties that require the following work items are not eligible for financing under the Streamlined (k):
- Major rehabilitation or major remodeling, such as the relocation of a load-bearing wall;
- New construction (including room additions);
- Repair of structural damage;
- Repairs requiring detailed drawings or architectural exhibits;
- Landscaping or similar site amenity improvements;
- Any repair or improvement requiring a work schedule longer than six (6) months; or
- Rehabilitation activities that require more than two (2) payments per specialized contractor.
- Necessitate a “consultant” to develop a “Specification of Repairs/Work Write-Up”;
- Require plans or architectural exhibits;
- Require a plan reviewer;
- Require more than six months to complete;
- Result in work not starting within 30 days after loan closing; or
- Cause the mortgagor to be displaced from the property for more than 30 days during the time the rehabilitation work is being conducted. (FHA anticipates that, in a typical case, the mortgagor would be able to occupy the property after mortgage loan closing).