Saturday, July 5, 2014

How Do I Get a "Sewer Lateral Waiver" for the Refundable Security Deposit EBMUD

Home Inspector with, covering California & most other states S0289

East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD) need a copy of these three pieces of the puzzle signed by the parties involved in your email requesting them provide the waiver;

1) Borrower's acknowledgment 

2) Homeowner/Contractor agreement, and

3) Specification of repair that states clearly "Sewer Lateral - Provide/install to replace the sewer lateral from the house to the hook up at the street - [NOTE: this work must be the first work started on this project and must be included in the first draw inspection permits requirement and request. The first draw request will not be processed unless and until the sewer lateral permit has been pulled to prove this work has been started and draw 2 must show this work replaced and signed off. or it won't be processed.]"

EBMUD has been very good about working with us using this format for renovation loans. Otherwise they required a $4,500 refundable deposit which they hold until the work is completed. The work must be completed within six months of COE. Please also understand that it is approved on a case by case basis and not just a slam dunk.

Feel free to contact me for the correct email address to send this information and I'll be happy to send it to you.